In addition to the latest version 3.3 eperi now also offers the Gateway for Databases as version 3.4 for use only with MariaDB.
The corresponding installation files for 3.4 are available to all users via the customer portal’s download tab. If you use an older version of the eperi Gateway for Databases in a MariaDB environment, you can update it. The Open Source version remains unchanged. Customers will also find extensive guides for installing, configuring and troubleshooting the new version in the support tab. 3.4 is the latest product to spawn out of the long and close cooperation of the popular Open Source database project MariaDB and eperi. Prior, eperi contributed to the encryption solutions of the open source project and developed a plug-in to allow MariaDB users to protect their data.
Important: version 3.4 is not an update from 3.3, but solely meant for use with MariaDB. For users of other supported database software like IBM2 or Microsoft SQL Server, version 3.3 is available until an All-in-One solution is released.
The eperi Gateway 3.4 offers the following changes and new features:
- MariaDB support
- Support of enhanced MariaDB encryption functionalities
- Supported versions:
- Windows (32 and 64 Bit)
- RHEL 6.8 or higher (64 Bit)
- Linux Glib before version 2.14 (32 and 64 Bit)
- Linux Glib 2.14 or higher (32 and 64 Bit)
- Key versioning
- Manual key rotation
- Support of Debian installation packages
- HSM support in “Encrypt in Gateway” mode
- Enhanced error messaging
- Key identifier is shown in the eperi Gateway GUI
- Key file import from the Open Source version
- Load Balancing/Failover for “Encrypt in Database”
- Several Bug fixes